Sunday, September 15, 2013

Advising FAQ: What do I need to do to apply for graduation?

Frequently Asked Advising Question for the week of 9/16/13

Q:   What do I need to do to apply for graduation? 

A: You can apply for graduation once you have completed at least 90 units and it is recommended that you apply as soon as you reach 90 units.   To apply for graduation you need to complete the following steps:

1.  Download the graduation application from SJSU webpage
2.  Read the graduation application checklist
3.  Review your Academic Requirements summary on my.sjsu and make notes of any remaining GE courses that you still need to complete.
4.  Complete your Major Form by meeting with a peer advisor, attending a group advising session, or meeting with a faculty advisor.
5.  Complete the graduation application and submit the application and the Major Form to the HS office (MH 407) for a Faculty Advisor to review.
6.  If the Faculty Advisor has questions you will be sent an email prior to the paperwork being completed.
7.  If the application and major form are in order, your paperwork will be signed and processed by the department.   You will receive a confirmation email from the department with an electronic copy of your completed and signed forms.

The deadline to apply for a Spring graduation is November 1 (of the previous year) and May 1 for a Fall graduation.

No comments: